GE CABLE Set-top Box Devices Universal Remote codes: Everyone needs simplicity even if we are temperamental. Complex things are complicated in nature and that does exclude the way we set up our home appliances such as devices we use for entertainment. Imagine when you are able to control your set-top box with the ideal codes? This will not only relieve you but also aids in making your home more fun-filled as you will be able to operate multiple devices using only one remote. Won’t you be rather comfortable using 4 digit unique codes? I have prepared some codes in this list below for you to use in the process of programming your Universal remote.
The GE CABLE Set-top Box Devices Universal Remote Codes List
|ABC||0461, 0463, 0464, 0465, 0466|
|ARCHER||0468, 0469, 0470, 0471|
At this stage, I can now proceed to the methods of programming these codes so that you will be able to operate your Universal Remote using them. Here we go:
How to Program GE Universal Remote Using Auto-Search
The codes are scanned in the universal remote selected and then the correct code for your device can be easily detected and useful. The steps are explained below:
Programming your Universal remote code without code is possible. The steps involved are simple and straightforward. In this method, your remote will scan the codes one after the other until the correct one is found and used.
- Switch on your Device e.g. TV so you can operate it.
- Turn on your remote control and tap on the device button on it e.g. TV, DVD, and so on for 3 seconds until an LED light blinks to indicate that your remote is ready to program.
- Point the Universal remote on the device and press the CH+ and CH- buttons. Your remote will show on and off signals. Press the up or down button continuously until your TV or the selected device turns off.
- Verify the code by clicking on the power button of your Universal Remote, if it starts up your device, try to change the channel to verify that the code is correctly programmed.
- Tap the device button to save your new code. If an LED light blinks twice, that means the code is now stored.
How to Program GE Universal Remote Using Manual Search
You will be required to enter a keycode in this manual method. The code is usually found in the instruction manual of your remote. Its function is to detect the make and model of your equipment. Check out the steps below:
- Turn on your device, e.g. TV.
- Press the TV button on your GE Universal Remote Control.
- Press and hold the setup button on your universal remote until you can see the flashlight to activate it to learning mode.
- Enter the provided keycode in your remote’s instruction manual.
- After that, point the remote control at your selected device and press and hold the power button.
- Release the power button as soon as the screen switches off.
Note, I am focussed on TV as a device in this steps example. You may be thinking of using another device, the same steps are applicable.
How to Program GE Universal Remote Using Codes Search
You may decide that you want to use the code search method. The method is done when you must have entere a unique 3 digit code in your remote. The code will force your remote into auto search moder and then you will get the ideal code required for your device or remote.
- Turn on your device to get it ready for programming.
- Turn on the remote control as well.
- Press and hold the setup button on your remote control
- Enter the unique 9 9 1 codes
- Hold on the power button on your remote and press the channel up button until the device or TV is turns off.
If you didn’t understand any of the steps, feel free to ask question in the comment box. I will find a way to help you find a solution. I also want you to know that these methods are effective when followed properly.