GE/DVD/VCR Combos Universal Remote Codes: It is not an easy task to find the universal code that can be used to program your GE DVD/VCR Combos Remote but with the list of codes we have here, you can easily find the correct codes that can be used to program your Universal remote so that you can operate other devices with a single remote. What this means is that you will be prevented from the headache of having to control numerous devices using different universal remotes. I have prepared different methods you can use to program your GE DVD/VCR Combos Universal Remote Codes in this article; if you don’t know how to do it before now, this means, you can now follow one or two methods of your choice.
List of Codes for GE DVD/VCR Combos Universal Remote
The list below contains the codes and brands of remotes that the codes can be used to program.
|EMERSON||0456, 0458, 0227|
|FUNAI||0456, 0458, 0227|
How to program your GE DVD/ VCR Combos Universal Remote without Codes
This method is done by scanning the codes in the remote so that the correct code that will work with your Universal remote can be detected and used. The method can be carried as illustrated in the steps below:
- Switch on your Device e.g. TV so you can operate it
- Turn on your remote control and tap on the device button on it e.g. TV, DVD, CBL and OK/SEL and so on for 3 seconds until an LED light blinks to indicate that your remote is ready to program.
- Point the Universal remote on the device and press the CH+ and CH- buttons. Your remote will show on and off signals. Press the up or down button continuously until your TV or the selected device turns off.
- Verify the code by clicking on the power button of your Universal Remote, if it starts up your device; try to change the channel to verify that the code is correctly programmed.
- Tap the device button to save your new code. If an LED light blinks twice, that means the code is now stored.
How to program your GE DVD/VCR Combos Universal Remote with Manual Method
The manual method is done by detecting the make and model of your Universal remote selected. For you to be able to make that happen, all you need is to enter the key code provided in the instruction booklet of your remote control. The steps that are involved in achieving this are not much:
- Turn on your device, e.g. TV.
- Press the TV button on your GE DVD/VCR Combos Universal Remote Control.
- Press and hold the setup button on your universal remote until you can see the flashlight to activate it to learning mode.
- Enter the provided keycode in your remote’s instruction manual.
- After that step above, point the remote to your TV and then press and hold the power button.
- You can then release the power button as soon as the device screen switches off.
How to program your GE DVD/VCR Combos Universal Remote with Code Search
The auto search method is also effective and similar to the first method that does not involve entering codes. In this method, unlike the first method, you will need to enter a 3 digit code that will force the selected remote into auto search mode until the ideal code is found for programming your remote control. Here are the steps that can achieve it (the programming) for you:
- Turn on your device to get it ready for programming.
- Turn on the remote control as well.
- Press and hold the setup button on your remote control
- Enter the unique 9 9 1 codes
- Hold on the power button on your remote and press the channel up button until the device or TV turns off.
With these methods, you will be able to convert the operation of the entire devices in your home into single remote. The universal remote will cure your headache of having needed to operate your devices with more than one remote.