GE DVR/CABLE Combos Universal Remote Codes are very important if you are intending to program your universal remote to operate multiple devices at home. It is, however, not easy to get the correct code that works, and that is why I have taken my time to solve that puzzle. I have gathered all the working codes for you and the instructions that follow suit are the best and most popular.
Codes List for GE DVR/CABLE Combos Universal Remote
The different brands with their codes are already listed above for you to be able to pick which one works well with your remote. Anyway, in no time, I will provide all the methods necessary to program these codes
How to Program your GE/DVR Cable Combos Universal Remote without codes
In the auto search method, the codes have to go through general scanning in the universal remote so that each code can be scanned one after the other until the one that works well with your remote is found. The steps are explained below:
- Switch on your Device e.g. TV so you can operate it.
- Turn on your remote control and tap on the device button on it e.g. TV, DVD, and so on for 3 seconds until an LED light blinks to indicate that your remote is ready to program.
- Point the Universal remote on the device and press the CH+ and CH- buttons. Your remote will show on and off signals. Press the up or down button continuously until your TV or the selected device turns off.
- Verify the code by clicking on the power button of your Universal Remote, if it starts up your device, try to change the channel to verify that the code is correctly programmed.
- Tap the device button to save your new code. If an LED light blinks twice, that means the code is now stored.
How to Program your GE/DVR Cable Combos Universal Remote with Manual Search
In the manual search method, you need to enter a key code that will aid in detecting the make and model of your equipment and then program your remote to operate your devices. The method is as simple as illustrated in this step below:
- Turn on your device, e.g. TV.
- Press the TV button on your GE/DVR Cable Combos Universal Remote Control.
- Press and hold the setup button on your universal remote until you can see the flashlight to activate it to learning mode.
- Enter the provided keycode in your remote’s instruction manual.
- After that, point the remote control at your selected device and press and hold the power button.
- Release the power button as soon as the screen switches off.
How to Program your GE/DVR Cable Combos Universal Remote with Code Search
You can enter a unique 3 digit code in this code search method which will then force your universal remote into auto search mode and then, the correct code will be detected after several searches. This method consumes extra time, but it is worth it.
- Turn on your device to get it ready for programming
- Turn on the remote control as well.
- Press and hold the setup button on your remote control
- Enter the unique 9 9 1 codes
- Hold on the power button on your remote and press the channel up button until the device or TV is turns off.
Which of these methods did you use after reading the article? Can you tell us your experience about it? Is there anything you discovered during the process of programming which we can learn together?