GE Home Automation Universal Remote Codes List
For you to be on this site by now, it means, you already have a GE Automation which you desire to configure the remote to work as a universal remote. If that is your reason for being on my site, you have taken the right decision. I am going to tell you more about the various methods through which you can program your GE Home Automation and then include the code involved.
This is the code you will need:
Home Automation code: 0998.
How do I Program GE Universal Remote Without Codes
If you are to program your universal remote without codes, it means you want to apply the auto search method. In this method, the universal remote codes have already gone through the scanning process in the remote. This forces the remote to scan each code one at a time until you are able to figure out the correct code that can work with your remote control. If you are ready, kindly follow the instructions presented below:
1. Switch on the smart device you are willing to program. I am using tv in this aspect.
2. Turn on your remote control and tap on the corresponding button TV on your universal remote for 3 seconds until an LED light displays to indicate that your remote is ready to be programmed.
3. You can now point the remote control to your tv and click on the CH+ and CH- keys on your remote. The remote will then display on and off signals. Once you observe that, press the UP or down key frequently until the tv turns off.
4. Verify the code you entered by clicking on the power button. That will make your tv turn on. If it does turn on, try and change the channel to confirm that your remote is well programmed.
5. Tap on the tv button to save your code. The LED light of the tv will blink two times to confirm that the code is stored.
How to Program GE Universal Remote With Manual Method
If you don’t want to use the auto search method or probably it didn’t work with your device, you can adopt this method. It should work with your device if properly programmed. Remember, you are going to be using keycode in this method. The keycode will help to identify the make and model of your device. The instructions are discussed below:
1. Turn on the device you want to program.
2. Press the TV button located on your GE Universal remote.
3. Press and hold the Setup button of your univerasl remote to see if it shows the flash light. If it does, then your remote is now in the learning mode.
4. Enter the keycode as collected from the instruction manual.
5. As soon as you do that, point the remote control at your TV and press and hold the remote control power button.
6. Release the power button once you observe that the tv screen has switched off.
At this point, your TV remote is expected to work correctly with your tv. If your tv does not respond to the commands given by the remote, you will have to use another code, repeating the same procedure.
How to Program GE Universal Remote With Code Search
You may want to program your GE UR with the code search method. It is possible to do so. If you are unable to find the key code for your device, adopting this method is wise too. This method involves a code in the manual that forces your remote into a search mode. The instructions below should be followed:
We are using TV as our device here:
1. Turn on the TV device
2. Press and hold the setup button on your remote
3. Enter the code in the manual that forces your remote into search mode: 9-9-1
4. Hold down the Power button on your universal remote and press the channel up them button on your remote until your tv turns off.
For those searching for the methods that are involved in finding the right code for your device using the GE universal remote, this article is specially written for you. You can apply the method one after the other until you finally find the correct code for your desired device.