How to set up one for all universal remote: You must have heard about the modern technologies that involve solving the problem of misplaced original remote controls of your TV or any device, where a completely foreign remote will be set up to operate them. No wonder you find yourself on my blog, probably learning how to set one up. In this article, I am going to show you how to set up one for all universal remote. Keep reading, if you have popcorn near you, kindly keep it before you as you read. One more thing, one for all universal remote setup covers any TV device.
There are only three methods to set up this remote and I will focus on the following list of TV brands to work with this remote. My setup, however, will be based on 3 categories as listed below.
The List of Brands to Work With One for All Remote (TVs)
- Tcl or Thomson
If you have any of the listed brands, there are 10 TV streaming and soundbars in each list.
The List of Brands to Work With One for All Remote (Audio)
The List of Brands to Work With One for All Remote (Streamer)
- Western digital
In this article, I will be using Sony TV as an example, if you have any of the brands listed above, you can still follow the same procedure.
Buttons Associated with each Brand Device
The pictures below represent how the remote buttons are associated with each brand listed. You will need these pictures while learning how to set up a streaming device.
Instruction to follow for setup
One: Get your remote into a programming mode for TV.
Two: ensure that you start out with the TV turned on.
Three: press the power TV button and the back arrow together until you notice two flashes.
Four: press the Star button and then point the remote to the TV as it sends out codes. You will see a red light around the “ok” button, it does that every 3 seconds and that means, it sends out light every 3 seconds.
Five: let go of the Star button and you will get two green flashes
Six: now, you need to test the remote functionality on your TV. it is only going to work on power, input, volume up and down, mute, and channel up and down. If you get all of them working on your Sony Tv, then you are done. If it doesn’t work, repeat the steps until you get it right. If it doesn’t work still, then you are going to try the code which will soon be discussed shortly.
An overview to set up an Apple streaming Device Using one for all Remote
One: Press and Hold the red Power Button and the Home button together until you get your two flashes.
Two: go back to the pictures above and identify which button is associated with your brand’s remote, once identified, follow the next step below.
Three: once you see the button associated with your brand, just the same way I did with the TV, press and hold the Star button, this time around, you are going to see a streaming signal instead of a power signal. Once you notice that, let go of the button to put the right code.
An overview to set up an apple Soundbar Using one for all Remote
One: Following a similar procedure, hold the volume up and down button so that you can get 2 flashes. This time, look out for the soundbar to mute.
How to Setup one for all Universal Remote with Codes
Probably you don’t have any of the brands listed above, I am going to show you how to set up your universal remote using codes. Ensure that there is a code list that came with your remote.
Note: This remote does not have a numeric keypad, we are going to use this trick to execute our mission. There are buttons that are associated with numbers as follows:
1. TV power button is 1
2. Red power button is 2
3. Back arrow button is 3
4. Home button is 4
5. Undo arrow is 5
6. Star button is 6
An Example of an Input of the Codes
Enter the code 5431: undo arrow + home button + back arrow button + tv power button. It is simple to do and you don’t need to be worried because all of the code is going to fall within the said buttons.
How to Setup all for one Universal Remote with Code
I will still maintain my setup with Sony TV, streaming devices for apple, and BOXEE soundbar.
To work with a Sony TV
- Press and hold the tv power and back arrow buttons together until the remote gives you two flashes. Then type in the code for sony. Eg 23352.
Demonstrating the code above using the buttons
1. Red power button + back arrow button + back arrow button + undo button + red power button.
2. Did you get 2 green flashes? That means it accepted the code you typed in. if the code doesn’t work, try another code in the manual list.
3. If you try all the code in the manual list and did not work, then, you will need to wait for a solution that will be discussed shortly.
To work with an Apple Streaming Device
1. Press and hold the red power and home buttons together. You should get 2 red flashes in the “OK” button in the middle of the remote.
2. The code for apple stream device is 31146. You should notice 2 green flashes this time indicating that the code is accepted.
To work with BOXEE Soundbar
1. Press and hold the up and down volume button at the same time and the code for BOSE will be:
2. 36211 and then, you will get 2 green flashlights.
How to Teach your remote to recognize the universal code Lists
You can decide to use more than one factory remote as you may desire as your source remote. The reason why you are teaching your remote is that you have tried the entire codes on your TV and none of them work with it. There is a need to teach your remote to recognize the commands next time you type your codes. I will focus on programming the soundbar in this example.
Let us assume that the power button didn’t work on your soundbar, we are going to try it out now.
1. Configure the all for one remote control in learning mode by pressing and holding the TV power button and the mute button together.
2. You can use the home button as the power button in the learning mode since you don’t need the power button in the other source remote.
3. After the step above, you should get 2 green flashes.
4. Teach your remote ‘volume’ up and volume down by pressing the corresponding buttons on the source remote.
5. Do the same with the mute buttons on both the universal remote and the source remote.
6. Press the TV power button and hold it. You will see 4 green flashes.
7. You can do it as many times as may be necessary.
We are done with how to set up one for all universal remote. You can try it at home. Ensure that you follow the instructions given above. Don’t forget to keep typing the next codes in every of the list provided until you discover the one that works. In case none of the codes works, then, then your Universal remote how to identify codes using another ‘source remote’.