Universal Remote for Apple TV: If you are looking for a great source of connectivity, it is no doubt that AppleTV is one powerful answer every user will like to tell you about. It may have some of its limitations but is also blessed with awesome features that will be revealed in this article.
If you are planning to operate your Blu-ray player and other amazing devices with a single remote, that possibility is already near. Don’t you think it will be a great idea to program your Apple TV with a Universal remote to make the operating stress drastically reduced for you?
The good news is that you can operate an Apple TV with any universal remote of your choice. The problem is that all the remotes cannot work with your TV so, you will need to check the manual and the compatibility feature before beginning the setup with the Apple TV.
Can Apple TV be integrated with a Universal Remote?
Apple TV is mostly compatible with Infrared (IR) remote controls. The fact still remains that it is not all Universal remote that is compatible with Apple TV unless you do some good research before getting any of the universal remote for your TV. That means you must be sure that it will support the TV and works with it.
How to program a Universal Remote with Apple TV
Unlike the 3 famous methods, there is this specific method you can use to program your Apple TV but it actually depends on its brand. This is why you need to review and analyze the instruction manual of your universal remote control. For instance, there are some high-end universal remotes that require being set up only with a software patch over USB.
The following steps below can be used to set up your Apple TV with a Universal Remote as soon as the selected remote is powered on.
- Using the Apple TV Remote, select settings on the home Screen
- Select remote and device
- choose and click learn remote
- Press Start from the selected universal remote. Ensure you are using new settings and the remote is on if this step doesn’t respond as expected.
- Tap and hold the UP button on your universal remote until you see that the progress is absolutely filled.
- The on-screen instructions should now be carefully followed to finish up with assigning of buttons. You are supposed to receive a signal message, if it doesn’t happen so, check the resources and ensure that there are no objects between the Apple TV and the Universal remote.
- Customize a name for your universal remote for easy identification and click done.
- Select setup playback button to assign stop, play, rewind, or pause and fast-forward option buttons.
As soon as the process above is finished, you will be able to operate your Apple TV easily using the selected universal remote.
Troubleshooting issues and Solutions
It is possible that you have programmed your Apple TV with another universal remote previously. You may get a button already learned alert as you attempt to set up the new control button. The trick is to unpair or removes the old remove control. This can be done by going through the Apple TV set.